O has been home for 30 days!
It’s been a wonderful month having him home and we all enjoyed our stay-cation. The boys benefit the most from having a lot of their time spending with O. And as for me, I was able to catch up on my sleep after many months suffering from sleep deprivation and insomnia.
I must say that writing 30 posts consecutively forced me to collect details of our days, however mundane and ordinary they are, and have them as keepsakes for the boys. I think the time that O was away working in Africa was one of the most challenging time of our lives together, and I am fortunate to capture one whole month of memories following his return. I am not sure if the boys will appreciate reading all these things when they grow up, but I want to pass along these 30 days so that they know how we have lived and the happy childhood memories we nurtured for them.
Thank you for following along with me these past 30 days. I am not sure how many people tuned in to read the daily rants and rambles about our family affairs, but I appreciate that you came and stayed!
Anyway, today I told O I wanted to have some me-time and O suggested that I take my laptop to the nearest Starbucks and idle my time, doing whatever I want. But I decided to take the camera along, and headed to the nearest thrift shop. I have always wanted to take some photos at a thrift shop because it is the central place for eclectic collection of almost everything you want.
As for me, I love browsing along the household-kitchen aisles to search for ceramic bowls and cups, especially those made in Japan. I also like books and there’s no better place than the thrift store to get used books. And I found a small collection of Jodi Picoult’ novels but did not buy any. However, I put them together in an inconspicuous shelf to hide them, in case other shoppers are also looking for them. I will return next week to pick a couple for my summer reading.
1. I found a book with 1000 most popular names for baby, and I flipped through the pages to “T” section, just in case it’s there. Sure thing it was…
2. My collection of Jodi Picoult’ novels, stacking away on the lower bottom shelf.
3. I was using a self-timer to get these self-portraits when a young boy, probably 10ish, came over and asked if the camera was for sale.
4. My favorite section at the thrift store. That teapot was calling out for me. I love that kind of design.
5. PP would love to have that green octopus cup. He likes this one show called Octonauts so anything with octopus is the “it” thing right now. And it’s only $5 bucks for that tea set. I want that too, but O would probably tell me that we have no space to store more stuff like that at our house.
6. I so heart these little plates and honey pot. They are just too adorable.
7. Shoes and bags sections. I like the different colors and designs of these stuff — great for photography.
8. More shoes. That pair of black crocodile skin boots were still brand-new, but it was not my size.
9. Books. I could not get pass the first few pages of “50 Shades of Grey.” And I did not read “The Twilight” series, either.
10. Thrift shoppers on the prowl.
Thank you for following along in my daily adventure in “30 days of June!”
And it’s a wrap 😀