Morning light, somber
Pine needles cling on to life
Winter, should be gone!
I am so random today!
1. We lucked out and escaped the snow storm and blizzards that hit Ohio and other New England states. I don’t want to jink our luck, but I must say it’s nice not to worry about driving in sleet and slippery roads, specially the deadly black ice. It’s still bone-chilling cold around here; that, I know, we cannot escape.
O and I are still back and forth about moving to a warmer state, and we looked at Mid-Atlantic states as well as the South. But it’s a decision that still oscillate in our mind. I told O, just leave it up to fate!
2. The flu season is still going strong.
O came down with a cold yesterday but he still have to go in to the office because he has a huge presentation about his experience in Somalia tomorrow. I hope he can come home early today and rest for the big event. I asked O to wear a mask around the house and dictated him not to kiss Peanut. We are worried about Peanut catching a cold/flu these days because that would put him back in danger with inflammation. He has his follow-up Echocardiogram this Friday to check for the arteries surrounding the heart.
Lately I taught him about where his heart is, and whenever I asked, “Where do you put my love?” he would respond, “My heart” and points at his left chest.
3. My friend Linh/Idlehouse is expecting a third baby, and it’s a girl! I am envying her a bit for having the guts to go for the third child. She is an awesome and wholesome mom to begin with so I have no worry that she will do well, and juggle everything in between her addiction for Korean dramas and infatuation for hot Korean guys like Kim Soo Hyun.
O and I are still considering having a third baby after my recent miscarriage, but I am pushing 40 soon, so that decision is also oscillating in our minds. Again, I cannot be greedy because I have two handsome boys and I am happy with that.
4. My younger brother, Khôi, is finally getting married in October. I am planning for a trip to Southern California to attend his wedding. It’s been almost 15 years since that last time I was in the west coast. The plans I have now are either to travel by myself or to go with O and the boys. It depends on the cost of having a whole family there for an entire week. We all know it is not cheap in California.
5. Anyway, I am waiting for warm weather to return, and to plant seeds for more lovely Cosmos in my front yard. At least there is something that keeps me looking forward to having. 😀